The Lawn Party cocktail. Doesn't its name say it all? A nice backyard daytime party full of happy guests and delicious summertime drink. How fun! Unless you don't know how to make a Lawn Party cocktail… then you're in trouble.
Kai Gagnon of Bergamot restaurant mixes a party-perfect cocktail. Rye whiskey and Pimm's No. 1 Cup (a gin-based fruit and spice liqueur) pack a potent punch. Kai then adds an aromatic mint simple syrup, lemon and yuzu juices. Don't get stuck mixing drinks all afternoon - a pre-mixed cocktail in a large portion is the perfect way to enjoy your party and mingle with guests.
* 8 oz rye whiskey
* 8 oz Pimms No. 1 Cup (gin-based liqueur)
* 6 oz fresh-squeezed lemon juice
* 2 oz yuzu juice
* 4 oz mint simple syrup (see how-to make mint simple syrup below)
* large ice cubes
For Mint Simple Syrup
* mint leaves from 1 large bunch
* 2 cups sugar
* 2 cups water
Make Mint Simple Syrup
1. Bring water to boil. Remove from heat, stir in sugar, and add all but 8-10 mint leaves
2. Allow to sit until completely cooled, with mint leaves steeping in liquid
3. Strain, and place in blender with reserved leaves. Blend until leaves are completely incorporated
1. In jar with tightly-sealing lid, add all ingredients except ice
2. Tighten lid and shake jar a few times
3. Add ice, and pour over individual glasses filled with ice to serve
4. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.