If you master only one cocktail, it should be the martini. It's a legend in a glass, and every hostess worthy of her shaker should know how to make a martini.
This divine drink can transform even the shabbiest soirée into a swanky affair. This magical concoction is very easy to make. The only effort is in the accessories – a proper martini glass, several alluring olives, a siren dress and a come-hither smile. As Robert Benchley said to Ginger Rogers in the classic film The Major and the Minor: "Why don't you get out of those wet clothes and into a dry martini?"
1 1/2 oz (75ml) gin or vodka
1/2 oz (15ml) vermouth
Olives for garnish
Pour the vodka or gin and vermouth into a cocktail shaker half filled with ice cubes. Shake well and strain into a chilled martini cocktail glass. Garnish with an olive.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades