Celebrate America's birthday the way the Founding Fathers might have, by whipping up a batch of Plantation Punch. Howcast presents this video recipe guide to mixing the alcoholic drink: The Founding Father's Plantation Punch. Perfect for the 4th of July.
- 12 oz. bourbon
- 6 oz. sugar
- 24 oz. rum
- 48 oz. sparkling water
- 6 oz. port
- one orange and two lemons, sliced
- a large bowl
- a strainer
- a punch bowl
- sweet sherry
Pour the first three ingredients into a bowl, stir briskly with ice until the sugar is dissolved, and then strain into a punch bowl.
Stir in the water.
Float the port on top.
Tip: Substituted sweet sherry for port.
Garnish with orange and lemon slices.
Do as the newly liberated colonists did: Make 13 toasts, in honor of the first American states.
Fact: The recipe for Plantation Punch is thought to have been invented in the 17th century.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades