Cocktails and spirits writer Camper English likes playing with ice. His latest experiment is a ticking ice bomb (re: an ice cube filled with food coloring that slowly turns your beverage black as it melts).
Camper's brief explanation is enough to get you started:
"The first step was to make perfectly clear ice. Then I heated the stubby end of a bar spoon in a pot of boiling water and kept plunging it into the ice until I made a tunnel.
Then I added several drops of food coloring. After I let that freeze for a few hours, I added a couple drops of water and let that freeze. I then added more water to top it up and seal the cube.
Then it was time to add the time bomb to a beverage..."
- Try playing around with different variables; experiment with different colors or as Camper suggests, "fill with bitters, or citrus oil, or absinthe to change the flavor of a drink mid-way through it."
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades