The Old Fashioned cocktail is a classic cocktail in the sense that it contains a spirit, sugar and a bitter. Start with a quarter of an ounce of nice two to one simple syrup, this allows you to focus on the spirit in this drink. You then add two dashes of bitters and then a nice wide piece of orange, you can use lemon if you prefer, but orange goes well with bourbon. Then, gently press out the oils from the orange with a muddler, just press out the oils and leave the orange peel intact, then add two ounces of bourbon and stir to combine the ingredients. Then add two or three large ice cubes to slow the dilution rate and stir. Then add a couple more ice cubes and stir again and there you have it. A reminder of the ingredients: 1/4 oz. of rich simple syrup (2:1), two dashes of Angostura bitters, citrus peel and two oz. of bourbon.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades