Beer is the staple for sports parties, and few men would dare veer from the brewskis during a great football, basketball, hockey or baseball game. But let's face it, ale and lager can only go so far, and yes, even men like change every now and then. That's where AJ Rathbun comes in. In this video, he'll share his secret recipe for Football Punch, something that even the biggest beer connoisseur belly will love.
Should any of AJ's guests show signs of being bored, he's got the recipe to wake them up with this punch. Rum, vermouth, citrus and apples are a killer combo. And AJ? Pure entertainment, folks, with a great drink thrown in for good measure.
* ice cubes
* 1 whole bottle (750 ml) dark rum
* 10 oz sweet vermouth
* 5 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
* 5 oz freshly squeezed orange juice
* 16 oz apple juice
* 2 24.5-oz bottles sparkling apple cider
* 2 apples, cut into slices
* punch bowl & ladle
1. In a punch bowl, add the rum, vermouth, and juices. Stir briefly
2. Add the sparkling apple cider
3. Fill the punch bowl halfway full with ice cubes
4. Add apple slices. Stir well
5. Serve in punch glasses or mugs