Julia Nolan, an honest to goodness Chemical Engineer, joins us on this week's episode of Systm with an easy way to distill hard liquor. Instead of building (or buying) a complicated still, made of copper and welded together, Julia has a super simple hack for a a standard countertop water distiller. The end result? We distill some pretty powerful hooch from a batch of hard cider made from apple juice concentrate! (You'll need a food grade bucket along with brewer's yeast to make the cider. (It's all about not making vinegar!) Julia also walks us through how she made the cider, where the alcohol comes from, how fermentation work and distillation work, and why you'll want to blend what you capture from the distiller. And, yes, she talks about why you're not going to blind yourself on this project. But remember that distilling Alcohol isn't legal for US residents without the proper permit, though DIY distilling, or, for the foodies, 'White Collar Moonshine' is growing in popularity in the US. Watch this video beverage making tutorial and learn how to distill alcohol at home.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades